Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dedication Ritual

Dedication of Self and Shrine/Altar

Supplies:
-white candle (and holder)
-plate with food offering
-cup of water or liquid offering
-symbol of god(s) you are honoring in Sky Cradle

Purpose:
Dedicating self and altar/shrine to the healing service of the Universe. Honoring personal gods as expressions of this intention.

Preparation:
On your altar set out the white candle (in holder), plate with food offering, cup of water or liquid offering, and symbols of the god(s) you are choosing to honor. 

Stand before your altar and light your candle. Set the lighter to the side and take a moment to reflect on your personal goals and the gods you have chosen to honor. When ready, think once more on the decision to perform a dedication. It is a choice and an act of service, a pledge. When you wish to continue, bring the energy to attention. Say..

"Spirits of the forest and field,
To my call draw near.
In this day my faith I wield,
All bear witness."

Take a moment to hold your arms out. Visualize yourself within the blue-black realm of the Universe. Below you is the earth that ground you. Above you are the stars and endless space. it sparkles around you. The sun shines to your right and fills you with power. The moon reflects the light to your left, circulating that power through you.

"To my right moves the sun,
Golden power of time and space. 
To my left moves the moon,
Silver sphere of change and pace.
Behind me stretches my ancestor's path,
Before me lies the road I walk. So I go forward!
Blessed be."

These are the gifts of the Universe. Let the power of this image fill your heart. When you are ready to continue, say..

"I call to (deities), to whom I honor in my heart of hearts.
Shining powers that dance into my fate and life,
Night and day I move in your care,
And now I step into the world as your child.
Today I do, myself, declare,
I am a child of (deity/deities)."

If you like, say personal prayers to deity and thank them. Turn to your shrine/altar you are dedicating. Hold your hands out towards it. 

"From today on, day to day, may I be known as a child of (deity/deities)...
May you sit upon the throne of this altar. 
May you shine in my life and be honored.
Blessed be!"

Take a deep breath. Ground and center. Release your visualization and relax. Fix up your new shrine/altar, giving the symbols of your god(s) prime placement. Set out the food and liquid offering out in front of these symbols. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...